Modeling and simulation
- Mechanical or Structural.
- Thermodynamic or Thermodynamic terms.
- Manufacturing processes: injection, stamping, forging, additive manufacturing, etc.
- Electronic and/or electromagnetic.
- Fluid: gases, liquids.
- Fluid-structure interaction.
- Acoustic or Vibroacoustic.
- Chemical kinetics.
- Multiphysical phenomena.
- Valuation of financial products and their risks, portfolio management.
Statistics and Big Data
- Statistical advice and data analysis.
- Time series forecasting.
- Production of maps from spatial data.
- Environmental and energy statistics.
- Tourism statistics.
- Customer, market and product studies.
- Risk and financial analysis.
- Design of experiments, clinical trials.
- Biostatistics, epidemiology.
- Applications in the field of health.
- Quality control and reliability.
- Production, process and stock control.
- Statistical applications for industry or public administrations.
- Product optimization.
- Optimization of processes.
- Inventory optimization.
- Resource Optimization.
- Optimization in the location of resources.
- Planning of transport routes.
- Work planning
- Helps to make optimal decision.
- Optimization of industrial and business processes.
- Automatic learning.
- Neural networks.
- Bayesian networks.
- Deep learning.
- Machine learning.
- Hybrid models based on data and physics.
- Development of digital twins.
- Programming in scientific languages: Fortran, C, C++, Python, Matlab, R.
- Development of software packages.
- Development of graphic interfaces.
- Implementation of commercial and free software packages.
- Parallelization of algorithms.
- Use of commercial software packages.
- Use of free software packages.
- GPU programming.
- Distributed calculation.
- High performance computing.
- Configurable hardware.
- WEB applications / technologies.
- Data modeling / databases.
- Quantum computing.
Areas of experience:
Challenge 1: Health
- Visualisation, processing and analysis of medical images. Characterisation of false positives. Learning models using large databases (machine/deep learning).
- Evolution of demographic rates. Population projections and generation of scenario trees over a time horizon.
- Characterisation of population habits. Simulation of user flow by services.
- Optimization of the planning of the location of primary health centres in uncertain environments of the evolution of demographic rates over a time horizon.
- Optimization of the planning of the acquisition of health material in environments uncertain of the evolution of demographic rates and types and intensity of diseases and epidemics over a time horizon.
- Optimization of ambulance fleet types: Sizing and location in an uncertain service demand environment.
- Optimization of the distribution of health resources, both human and material, in emergency situations.
Challenge 3: Energy
- Prediction and planning of energy production for domestic or industrial uses.
- Generation of scenarios of the uncertainty of the demand for the various types of energy for domestic and industrial uses.
- Optimization of the planning of the expansion capacity of energy generating elements and their transmission.
- Optimization of the location of renewable sources (wind, solar, photovoltaic,…).
- Optimization of electricity generation in industrial and residential buildings for self-consumption and its connection to the distribution network.
- Optimization of maintenance planning for electric power generators.
- Optimization of power distribution networks.
- Numerical simulation of heat transfer processes and combustion processes.
- Numerical simulation of thermoelectric, thermomagnetic and thermomechanical processes.
- Help in making decisions in energy processes.
Challenge 5: Environment
- Simulation, prediction and control of polluting emissions.
- Simulation, optimization and control of production and distribution processes.
- Comprehensive optimization of product and goods supply chains.
- Modeling and simulation of forest fires.
- Development of support systems for the prevention, control and extinction of fires.
- Optimization of the planning of the use of emergency resources.
- Optimization of action in emergencies.
- Simulation, prediction and impact of natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes.
- Simulation and prediction of water quality.
- Optimization of the sustainable planning of the exploitation of hydrographic basins for industrial purposes.
- Optimization of the planning of sustainable forest exploitation.
- Optimization of irrigation planning for agricultural and livestock purposes.
Validation of weightings, development of patterns and predictive models in audits (ITMATI-C63-2018)
Analysis, design and implementation of appropriate statistical methodology to respond to the improvement requirements of the ICT tool developed by the company iAuditoria in the performance of audits and/or inspections.
Project with the Ferroglobe group: Efficient Silicon Production Strategy (ITMATI-C55-2017, ITMATI-C66-2017)
Mathematical modelling and numerical simulation with the aim of increasing the efficiency and productivity of industrial furnaces for metal purification, thus allowing the treatment of larger quantities of material.
Enhancement of the remote expert system based on OTEA software (ITMATI-C50-2017)
Development of a system that, through the OTEA remote facility management platform, is able to predict maintenance incidents through the interpretation of monitored data and can apply rules that improve the efficiency of the system and prolong the useful life of the equipment.
Study of the dynamic draught of ships under constant environmental conditions for the company i4sea (formerly Preamar) (ITMATI-C48-2017).
Development of a ship draught prediction tool for the optimisation of port management.
Modelling and Optimisation of Refrigeration Installations (ITMATI-C67-2019)
Application of mathematical techniques of simulation, optimisation, observation and control to the improvement of refrigeration systems, which the company COFRICO designs, develops, implements and maintains.
Numerical simulation of the hardening of ferromagnetic parts. TEINEXT Project (ITMATI-C46-2017)
Mathematical modelling and numerical simulation of the thermo-electromagnetic-metallurgical behaviour of an inductor-workpiece system during the heating stage.