The 172 ESGI is co-organized by the Spanish Network of Mathematics and Industry (math-in) and the Spanish math-in Platform for Modeling, Simulation and Optimization Technologies in a Digital Environment (PET MSO-ED). Promoted by the PET-MSO-ED Working Group (WG) of Challenge 1: Health, Demographic Change and Well-being, it will focus on responding to challenges identified by the group to optimize health resources and contribute to the sustainability of the Spanish health system.
Scientific Committee (SC)
Scientific Committee (SC)
- Coll, Bartomeu. Professor of Applied Mathematics at the University of the Balearic Islands. Academic coordinator of the Health, Wellness and Demography working group of the PET MSO-ED
- María José Ginzo, Technical Consultant of the Department of Statistics and Operations Research of the Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Santiago
- Moro Muñoz, Serafín. Head of the Department of Information Systems of the Hospital San Juan de Dios del Aljarafe (Seville)
- Eduardo Soudah, Research Professor, Head of the Department of Biomedicine at CIMNE and CIMNE CARDIO-LAB.
- Torres Domínguez, Yolanda. Medical Director of the Hospital San Juan de Dios del Aljarafe (Seville). Industrial Coordinator of the Health, Wellness and Demography Working Group of the PET MSO-ED.
Dates and location
The ESGI will be held in a hybrid format (online and onsite) between February 15 and 27, 2023, with a total duration of 44h. A detail of its structure is shown in the Work Plan Section.
The onsite part will be held in Seville from February 20 to 21.
The challenges posed to this 172 ESGI are the following:
1) Develop an application to improve the efficiency of pre-diagnosis in ophthalmology, in order to improve the referral of outpatients in primary care to a specialty center. Proposed by the Hospital of San Juan de Dios Aljarafe (Seville)
2) Develop a predictive data tool that allows predicting the hospital discharge of patients operated on based on conditions that improve the management of the hospital bed resource. Proposed by the Hospital of San Juan de Dios Aljarafe (Seville)
3) Develop an algorithm for the segmentation and automatic guidance of the intervention by cryoablation of desmoid tumors. Proposed by the University Hospital of Son Espases (Palma, Balearic Islands)
Registration will be free for attendees and the official language will be English. For companies the presentation of the industrial problem is free, but there will be a charge for each problem selected by the Scientific Committee for the ESGI. The commission for this ESGI is € 800 + VAT (except for companies associated with mathematics, which will enjoy a reduced price of € 400 + VAT). This is to cover all running costs of the organization and to ensure proper development of the ESGI.
Registration will be free for attendees and the official language will be English.
For companies the presentation of the industrial problem is free, but there will be a charge for each problem selected by the Scientific Committee, to cover all the costs of organization and management of each problem. The fee for the 172 ESGI is € 800 + VAT for each problem (except for math-in member companies, which will enjoy a reduced price of € 400 + VAT).
Participants in each of the working groups must sign a confidentiality agreement.
A certificate of attendance will be issued.
Registration: ESGI Registration Form #172
More information: 172 ESGI