Modelling and simulation
- Mechanical or structural.
- Thermal or Thermodynamic.
- Electronic and/or electromagnetic.
- Lithium batteries.
- Fluids: gases, liquids.
- Multiphysical phenomena.
- Oil slicks.
- Health systems.
Statistics and Big Data
- Statistical advice and data analysis.
- Time series forecasting.
- Production of maps from spatial data.
- Environmental and energy statistics.
- Customer, market and product studies.
- Risk and financial analysis.
- Biostatistics, epidemiology.
- Applications in the field of health.
- Control of production, processes and stocks.
- Statistical applications for industry or public administrations.
- Natural disasters.
- Forest fires.
- Product optimization.
- Process optimization.
- Stock optimization.
- Resource optimization.
- Optimization in the location of resources.
- Transport route planning.
- Work planning.
- Optimal decision support.
- Optimization of industrial and business processes.
- Automatic learning.
- Neural networks.
- Bayesian networks.
- Deep learning.
- Machine learning.
- Hybrid models based on data and physics.
- Expert systems.
- Decision support systems.
- Programming in scientific languages: Fortran, C, C++, Python, Matlab, R.
- Development of software packages.
- Development of graphical interfaces.
- Implementation of commercial and free software packages.
- Parallelisation of algorithms.
- Use of commercial software packages.
- Use of free software packages.
- Distributed computing.
- Data modelling / Databases.
Areas of experience:
Challenge 1: Health
- Modelling the evolution and spread of epidemics.
- Learning models using medical-health databases.
- Simulation of health systems.
Challenge 3: Energy
- Forecasting and planning of energy production for domestic or industrial uses.
- Generation of scenarios of the uncertainty of demand for the various types of energy for domestic and industrial uses.
- Optimisation of the location of renewable energy sources (wind, solar and photovoltaic, …).
- Optimisation of maintenance planning for electricity generators.
- Numerical simulation of heat transfer and combustion processes.
- Numerical simulation of thermoelectric, thermomagnetic and thermomechanical processes.
- Decision-making support in energy processes.
- Modelling of lithium batteries.
- Development of environmental impact indices in energy production.
Challenge 5: Environment
- Simulation, prediction and control of pollutant emissions.
- Simulation, optimization and control of production and distribution processes.
- Integral optimization of product and goods supply chains.
- Development of systems to help prevent, control and extinguish fires.
- Optimization of the planning of the use of resources in emergencies.
- Optimization of action in emergencies.
- Simulation, prediction and impact of natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes.
- Simulation and prediction of water quality.
- Generation of disaster scenarios (quantitative and spatial).
- Optimization of evacuation routes and fleets.
- Humanitarian logistics.
Environmental assessment of suppliers
With EDP- Renewables
Oil spill risk analysis study
With company CSIPA (México)
Decision modelling and data science in the restaurant industry
With company MAPAL Software S.L
Design and development of a research project aimed at developing in vitro and in vivo tools for the evaluation of clostridial vaccines.
With company Laboratorios Syva S.A.
GEO-SAFE: GEOSPATIAL BASED ENVIRONMENT FOR OPTIMISATION SYSTEMS ADDRESSING FIRE EMERGENCIES
European Commission H2020, Acción H2020-MSCA-RISE-2015, Project Number: 691161