Modeling and simulation
- Fluids: gases, liquids.
- Fluid-structure interaction.
- Multiphysical phenomena.
- Thermal or thermodynamic.
- Mechanical or structural.
- Acoustic or Vibroacoustic.
- Chemical kinetics.
Statistics and Big Data
- Time series forecasting .
- Statistical advice and data analysis.
- Design of experiments, clinical trials.
- Production, process and stock control.
- Environmental and energy statistics.
- Statistical applications for industry or public administrations.
- Quality and reliability control.
- Biostatistics, epidemiology.
- Process optimisation.
- Optimization of industrial and business processes.
- Transport route planning.
- Work planning.
- Product optimisation.
- Optimal decision support.
- Automatic learning.
- Neural networks.
- Bayesian networks.
- Deep learning.
- Machine learning.
- Hybrid models based on data and physics.
- Development of digital twins.
- Programming in scientific languages: Fortran, C, C++, Pyton, Matlab, R.
- Development of software packages.
- Development of graphical interfaces.
- Implementation of commercial and free software packages.
- Parallelisation of algorithms.
- Use of commercial software packages.
- Use of free software packages.
- GPU programming.
- Distributed computing.
- High-performance computing
- Configurable hardware.
- WEB applications / technologies.
- Data modelling / databases.
Areas of experience:
Challenge 1: Health
- Visualisation, processing and analysis of medical images. Characterisation of false positives. Learning models using large databases (machine/deep learning).
Challenge 3: Energy
- Numerical simulation of heat transfer and combustion processes.
- Numerical simulation of thermoelectric, thermomagnetic and thermomechanical processes.
- Decision support in energy processes.
- Optimization of the location of renewable energy sources (wind, solar and photovoltaic, …).
- Optimization of the planning of the expansion capacity of energy generating elements and their transmission.
Challenge 5: Environment
- Simulation, prediction and control of pollutant emissions.
- Simulation, optimization and control of production and distribution processes.
- Modelling and simulation of forest fires.
- Simulation and prediction of water quality.
- Simulation, prediction and impact of natural disasters such as floods and earthquakes.