Modeling and simulation
- Mechanical or structural.
Statistics and Big Data
- Health applications.
- Structural optimization.
- Control and optimal design of materials and flexible robots.
- Optimization and manoeuvrability control of underwater vehicles.
- Machine learning.
- Deep learning.
- Automatic learning.
- Hybrid models based on data and physics.
- Programming in scientific languages: Fortran, C, C++, Python, Matlab, R.
- Programming on GPUs.
- High performance computing.
Areas of experience:
Challenge 1: Health
- Numerical modelling and simulation of tissues and organs such as the human heart.
Challenge 3: Energy
- Prediction and planning of energy production for domestic or industrial use.
- Optimization of the planning of the expansion capacity of energy generating elements and their transmission.
- Optimization of the location of renewable energy sources (wind, solar and photovoltaic, …).
- Optimization of energy distribution networks.
- Green Hydrogen Fuel Cells from renewable sources for green logistics and transport.
Numerical simulation of the manoeuvrability of underwater vehicles. SIMUSUB application.
Funding entity: Navantia.
Software is being developed for the analysis of the manoeuvrability capacity of manned submarines. It also includes modelling and simulation of ballast tanks and their manoeuvrability capacity.
Green Hydrogen Fuel Cells from Renewable Sources for Green Transport and Logistics (Ref. 2I20SAE00079)
Funding entity: Consejería de Empresa, Industria y Portavocía , Comunidad Autónoma de la Región de Murcia – RIS3Mur.
Participating entities: Polytechnic University of Cartagena, CETENMA, Regenera Levante, Idea Energía, Grupo Caliche.
Duration, from: 01/2021 to: 06/2022
Brackish – Groundwater Desalination and Desnitrification for Sustainable Irrigation: Net Zero Waste and Energy
(Life–Desirows, Ref. LIFE19 ENV/ES/000447)
Funding Entity: European Commission.
Participating entities: Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena, Regenera Levante, Hidrogea, Arco Sur, Hidro Tec.
Duration, from: 09/2020 to: 12/2023
BeLight: energy management, data analysis and evaluation of variables that may affect the consumer’s electricity demand.
Type of contract: Consultancy and technical assistance contract.
Funding company/administration: MyEnergia Oner SL.
Participating entities: Polytechnic University of Cartagena
Desarrollo de métodos de formulación digital de colores para pinturas de decoración.
Funding entity: Eupinca (Tkrom group).
The project consists of the study and analysis of optimisation techniques that make it possible to generate ranges of colours with different characteristics and properties.